Service Animals on TriMet
Your service animal is welcome on TriMet. No permit is required, but you may be asked to confirm that your animal is a service animal. You are responsible for the care and supervision of your animal while on board.
If you are planning on bringing your service animal on a bus or train, please follow these guidelines:
- Your animal must be on a leash or in a closed carrier, remain under your control and behave appropriately.
- The animal must remain at your feet or on your lap. The animal may not sit on a vehicle seat.
- The animal must not be aggressive toward people or other animals.
- The animal must be housebroken.
- You are responsible for any damage or soiling caused by the animal.
If you have any questions about bringing your service animal on TriMet, please call us at 503-962-2455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service animal definition from TriMet Code Chapter 28: Regulations Governing Conduct on District Property PDF
TriMet Administrative Rules for the Transport of Non-Canine Service Animals PDF